Call us to schedule your fall clean up!
Does Lawn Care have you down? Don’t have the energy, the time or the desire?
Call us – we provide a multitude of lawn care services, weekly or bi-weekly cuts, trimming, spring clean up, edging, hedge trimming, planting, mulching.
Give your house the “best dressed” look on the block! Call us for a free estimate!
We are a local, small business and appreciate your support!
We know times are especially tight right now. There are many people out there trying to find a source of income during these difficult times, but not necessarily doing it the right way. We have seen people willing to cut your lawn for a very nominal fee. And we know that we all really need to make sure we can stretch our dollars as far as we can, but you need to consider the ramifications of your choices so you can protect yourself, your family and your liabilities.
When hiring a lawn care service, please consider the following so YOU, the consumer are protected. Their price may be cheap, but at what cost to you?
- Do they have liability insurance? If they damage your house, or a hit a stone in your yard that hits the neighbors car, or damage to anything on your property or a neighbor’s property when working at your house and the really inexpensive “friend” that you hired doesn’t have insurance – you, the homeowner are liable. Your homeowner’s insurance, your personal finances are liable for any damage caused. A reputable business that pays liability insurance has coverage for these things. Yes their lawn price will be slightly more, but this is why.
- Do they have workman’s compensation insurance? Are their employees covered if injured on your property? If they don’t have this, you the homeowner could be liable for the medical costs of the injury.
- Do they pay sales tax? Lawn care is taxable in the state of Pennsylvania. Is the lawn care provider paying that sales tax to the state?
- Is the income being reported to the state and federal government? This could be a tax liability for you if you do not report this on a IRS form – 1099 for outside services provided.
- Do they have a signed agreement? Get the service agreement in writing to protect you and the company.
- Are they a licensed business?
So next time you want to consider hiring that friend down the street that is offering the service a few dollars less – is it worth the risk?
Support your local, small business!
We want to take this time to Thank each and every one of our loyal customers that have supported our small business during these recent events. We appreciate your support during these difficult times. Our business has been in existence for 28 years and with your support we hope to be around another 28 more!
Thank you and stay safe!
Ryan and the Team from R & J Adams Enterprises, LLC
Today we celebrate all those who have sacrificed and contributed to the work force to help make this a grand country. Kick up your feet, relax and enjoy this day to celebrate you, the American workers.
All of us at R & J Adams Enterprises want to wish you and yours a Happy 4th of July!
Yeah, summer is finally here! Need a home project done and just don’t have the time? Thinking about adding a deck so you can relax and enjoy the summer away? Need your house sided, a new roof, some landscaping needs? Give us a call since “We Can Do Almost Anything that Needs Done”
Happy Father’s Day to all those men who father others. Enjoy your special day today!
Want to get your Dad something different this year? How about a gift certificate for a handyman project around the house or a grass cutting? Have an idea of something on that honey do list? We do gift certificates for all kinds of services! Give us a call!
Today we remember the people who died while serving in the armed forces. All of us at R & J Adams Enterprises wish to thank those that have died, and their families, who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we have the freedom to live in this grand country every day. Thank you.